Fire Season is Coming
Fire Season is just a few months away. As the weather in the Bay Area becomes warmer and drier, the chances of a home fire increases as well. It’s important to do a good preventative check around the house, to remove broken appliances, correct outlets with too much plugged in, and worn down wires. Even with such preventative measures, if a home fire begins, you must act quickly, calmly, and safely as best as you can.
If a Fire Starts:
- Use a fire extinguisher. Practicing with your family on the proper use of one ahead of time could make a huge difference, in saving lives, damage to the home, and money.
- If the fire catches on your person (clothes, etc.) STOP, DROP, AND ROLL.
- If the fire is uncontrollable, get out of the house immediately, and call 9-1-1. Do not go back to gather any belongings.
- Important to use stairs, not an elevator, during a fire. A fire can cause the electricity to go out in a building. The elevator quarry can fill up quickly with smoke.
- Do not open any doors that are warm to the touch. What’s on the other side could be a matter of life or death.
- If stuck near a window where you can’t safely escape, open it up, wave the brightest, most colorful cloth you can get your hands on, or a flashlight, as a signal for help.
- If you are trapped inside, close doors around you, placing wet towels at the bottom of the door, call 9-1-1, and tell the operator where you are located.
After the Fire
After a fire, it’s crucial that you contact SERVPRO OF SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO/ SAN BRUNO, the professional fire damage restoration company in your area. Don’t try cleaning up the damage on your own, because you could make things worse. We are highly trained, fully equipped, and ready to properly restore your home - "Like it never even happened."
Trust the experts, call/text us today at 650-794-1000 or 650-794-1001, or email us at SERVPRO9541@att.net.