San Mateo County Residents: Mold Issues
Got Mold? Find the Source!
SERVPRO of South San Francisco City/ San Bruno receive many calls regarding Mold in Residential and Commercial Properties. Some calls are more severe than others, but typically all Mold Situations have the same outcome. It is very important to Find and Stop the Source!
What is the Source?
The Source is the Moisture that is feeding that Mold in your home or business. Mold Grows off moisture and finding where you are having that moisture problem will assist with stopping that Mold from growing and spreading.
Where to find the Source:
- Water Leaks from Supply Lines
- Water Leaks from Pipelines (Interior and Exterior)
- Water Leaks from Faucets
- Water Leaks from Toilets
- Water Leaks from Dishwashers
- Water Leaks from Refrigerators
- Water Leaks from Washing Machines
- Standing Water in Crawl Spaces
- Cracks or Holes on Exterior of Structure
- Window Sills (that water can get into)
- Not airing out structure (after cooking or showers)
- Roof Leaks
- Water Loss in Neighboring Home or Unit
- Flash Floods Occurring
- Previous Water Loss not Properly Mitigated
When you find the Source of Water Intrusion you can than stop feeding the Mold and start removing it!
If you like this information- stay tuned for our next "Got Mold?" Blog!